RE at Friars
We have adopted the 2018 Southwark Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education as our RE curriculum. The fundamental aim is to explore belief and celebrate diversity. The curriculum for each year group is based on three themes in EYFS and overarching questions from Y1 – Y6. A progression map of religious knowledge, skills and expression can be accessed here.
They are as follows:
- EYFS – celebrating special times; stories and what they tell us; aspects of identity and relationships
- Y1 – What does it mean to belong?
- Y2 – Can stories change people?
- Y3 – How are symbols and sayings important in religion?
- Y4 – What is special to me and the people in my community?
- Y5 – How do beliefs influence actions?
- Y6 – How important are the similarities and differences between and within religions?