Design and technology at Friars
- Design and technology is an inspiring, rigorous and practical subject. Using creativity and imagination, pupils at Friars design and make products that solve real and relevant problems within a variety of contexts, considering their own and others’ needs, wants and values.
- Pupils acquire a broad range of subject knowledge and draw on disciplines such as mathematics, science, engineering, computing and art.
- Pupils learn how to take risks, becoming resourceful, innovative, enterprising and capable citizens.
- Through the evaluation of past and present design and technology, they develop a critical understanding of its impact on daily life and the wider world.
- Pupils at Friars develop the creative, technical and practical expertise needed to perform everyday tasks confidently and to participate successfully in an increasingly technological world.
- They build and apply a repertoire of knowledge, understanding and skills in order to design and make high-quality prototypes and products for a wide range of users.
- They can critique, evaluate and test their ideas and products and the work of others. They understand and apply the principles of nutrition and begin to learn how to cook.