Achieving excellence in a happy, nurturing and safe environment
Our vision for Friars is of a community that is a happy, nurturing, safe and caring environment for all. Everyone will have a thirst for knowledge and love of learning. We will be courageous, ambitious, resilient and confident. Throughout our journey at Friars, we will be able to successfully respond to a changing world.
Our aim is for Friars’ pupils to achieve high personal and academic success, and demonstrate good behaviour, values and tolerance. We want our learners to become creative, critical thinkers who are inquisitive, flexible and independent.
We will all achieve this through:
- Developing positive relationships, attitudes and understanding within our diverse community where pupils show respect for themselves and others;
- Celebrating individuality and creativity within an inclusive environment of equal opportunities;
- Ensuring effective leadership, teaching, communication and open partnerships with parents and carers;
- Creating a stimulating environment for learning and well-being;
- Offering opportunities to participate in a wide variety of social, cultural, moral and spiritual experiences;
- Facilitating high quality professional development to ensure staff reflect, embrace challenge, have high morale and are well equipped to deliver excellent teaching.
Friars has an agreed set of values that we all believe in. They are:
- Right Conduct
- Non Violence
These values permeate every aspect of the school’s work including assemblies, behaviour management and everyday discourse between children and adults. We believe they help prepare our children for life in modern Britain.
They also sit alongside and run through the fundamental British values of:
- the rule of law.
- individual liberty.
- mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.