School lunches are cooked in our kitchens each day and are provided by ISS an established schools catering company. They serve very little processed food. Termly menus are sent to parents. Please click on the link to see the latest menu.
Southwark LA is currently running a scheme whereby all children from Reception to Year 6 are having their school meals funded and therefore they do not have to pay for them.
This is not the same thing as being eligible for Free School Meals however. We ask all parents that are eligible to apply for free school meals (and that includes those that have been eligible in the last 6 years) to do so using the form that can be downloaded by clicking on this link.http://www.southwark.gov.uk/downloads/download/2861/free_school_meals_application_form
If you are receiving any of of the following benefits or have done in the last 6 years, your child will be eligible for free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not entitled to Working Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190)
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit (sole source)
- Income related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
All children, including those in the Nursery, eat in the main hall.