On Friday 24th March, we celebrated comic relief in fine style. We saw loads of crazy hair; we heard some amazing jokes; we tasted some delicious staff made cakes and we watched a brilliant whole school dance performance that was very well attended by parents. We managed to raise “280.46 for Comic Relief. Thankyou all!
Cakes and jokes for Comic Relief:
Staff made cakes to be judged and shared amongst the children and staff. The winner was Miss Midgley’s sweetshop rainbow cake with Miss Coate’s Rufustiger cake in second place and Miss Foster’s Eggstravaganza in third.
We also had a joke competition. Each class chose a winner and then Ann and Joan in our office and Miss Castillo chose the best three. The overall winner was Maraki in Nursery.
The winning jokes are below. We hope you enjoy them!
Dre (Reception) –
- What’s the difference between a school teacher and a train?
- A teacher says “Spit your gum out” and the train says “chew, chew chew!”
Alysia (Year 1) –
- My shoes are very naughty because they always stick their tongues out!
Serena (Year 3) –
- What is the difference between a cat and a comma?
- A cat has claws at the end of its paws and a comma is a pause at the end of a clause (Mr Burtt’s favourite!)
Aaliyah (Year 4) –
- Knock Knock.
- Who’s there?
- Isabelle who?
- Is a bell working?
Iman (Year 5) –
- Why was the boy warm on his birthday?
- Because people kept toasting him!
And in 3rd place, Jayden (Year 6) –
- One day I was in the spelling test and I got it wrong. Guess what the word was? Armageddon.
- The teacher said “Don’t worry. It’s not the end of the World!!”
In 2nd place, Eva (Year 2) –
- Why did the tomato blush?
- Because he saw the salad dressing!!
And the winner was Maraki in Nursery –
- What did one tomato say to another tomato when they were in a hurry?