In the week beginning July 8th 2019 we had our annual health week and what a busy and inspiring time it was!
Monday and Tuesday:
- The PE school sports network (PESSN) based in Southwark delivered workshops about healthy living including exercise and diet to all year groups from Y1-6 which involved lots of activity.
- All classes had healthy food workshops with our caterers, ISS and they all got to make smoothies and popcorn by pedal power alone! They used a smoothie and popcorn bike that converted the energy from pedalling into electricity.
- Our reception children dipped their toes into the world of swimming at the Fusion leisure centre.
- The Olympic athlete Peter Bakare came and did workshops and an inspiring assembly all about the need for determination and physical fitness.
- Our annual sports day was a lovely, enjoyable and inclusive event and we all got to the witness the spectacle of a tug of war between staff and parents where there was such might that the rope snapped in two!
- Each class were split into 4 teams (Red, Green, Yellow and Blue). Well done to yellow team who were the overall winners with 880 points.
- Year 4 had an extra swimming session at the wonderful outdoor Brockwell Lido.
Throughout the week:
- Kenny, one of our teaching assistants who is a qualified yoga teacher for children, taught breathing and stretching exercises to all classes to help them centre their bodies and minds.
- Year 2—Year 6 all had SRE (sex and relationship education) lessons in line with out Governor approved policy.